This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store, use and protect personal data about you when you access www.arabelonline.com (the "Website"), shop with us in-store or otherwise provide your personal data to us including via our social media platforms. This website is owned by Arabel Limited and run by Queen Arabel co SARL, Inc. If you are using our Services or the Website, Queen Arabel Co SARL, Inc. is the controller of your personal data.
This notice should also be read in conjunction with and shall form part of any Terms and Conditions on our Website.
WHO ARE WE?
When we refer to “Arabel”, or “we,” “us,” or “our,” in this Privacy Notice, we are talking about HB USA Holdings, Inc., including its subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective parent and subsidiary companies.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The sections below outline what we use your information for, why we do it and what allows us to do so legally:
WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR CONTACT US DIRECTLY, WE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- We’ll also record your IP address if you contact us by Website chat and your social media account information when you contact us through our social media channels.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your MAC address, IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, sex, and gender (some of which may be protected by applicable law).
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned or considered, and your product preferences.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Identity verification information, such as account and other authentication information (like passwords).
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our Website, digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our Website and log file information which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Audio and visual information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer service and when using our Virtual Consultation.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information from your resume, employment history, education information, and professional licenses or certifications.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs and images, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
|What we do||What we do it||Why we can do it (legally)|
|Deliver items to your address||Ensure that you receive the items you have paid for.||When you buy something from us you enter into a contract of sale. We need your personal details to fulfil this contract.|
|Process your payment information||To ensure we get paid for the items you buy; to be able to give you a refund when you return something.||We need this information to fulfill our sales contract with you.|
|Allow you to register an account with us||To save your preferences and make it easier for you to shop with us.||It’s important for us as a business to make your shopping experience as easy as possible.|
|Respond to queries and complaints||We want to ensure that we give you the best possible service.||It is important to us as a business that you get the best experience.|
|Review your previous orders||To help us respond to queries and complaints.||It is important to us as a business that you get the best experience.|
|Receive accident and incident reports||To investigate accidents and incidents and keep a record of them.||It is important to us as a business that we do this.|
|Respond to Data Subject Rights Requests||Your data protection rights are important to us and we want to help you execute them.||We have a legal obligation to do this.|
|Record your details when you contact us on social media||To help provide assistance in securing an item or service or when you are unhappy with our products/services||It is important for us as a business to do this.|
|Customer address mapping and location analysis (using data from 3rd Party)||So that we can see which stores are located closest to our customers and to understand shopping patterns.||It is important for us as a business to do this.|
|Customer Analysis||To reward customer loyalty, to analyse the business performance and to improve customer satisfaction.||It is important for us as a business to do this.|
|Customer Consent Management||To ensure our records are up to date with your consent preferences||It is important for us as a business to do this.|
|Email, Direct Mail and SMS Marketing||To inform our subscribers about Huda Beauty, our promotions and new services.;||We get your consent to send you marketing information.|
|Analyse Website browsing behaviour and ad effectiveness, including on 3rd Party websites.||To show you more relevant ads and to measure how well our advertising campaigns are working.||It is important for us as a business to do this.|
|Run social media competitions||To raise brand awareness.||It is important to us as a business to raise our brand awareness.|
|Social media analysis||To improve the product recommendations we give you and to help when you are unhappy with our products / services.||We ask for your consent to use your information for marketing and/or sentiment analysis.|
|Investigate complaints and handle legal and insurance claims||To resolve your complaint, ensure the same complaint doesn’t arise again, to provide legal advice and to protect ourselves against fraudulent claims.||We have a legal obligation to do this and it is important to us as a business to do it.|
FOR MARKETING AND CUSTOMER INSIGHT PURPOSES
We use your information for customer insight and marketing purposes. In some cases we will purchase information from 3rd Parties, but this usually aggregated data and does not normally directly identify you. We will also keep a record of your social media account name and information you make available to us via your social media account settings when you connect your social media account to ours, by messaging us, liking or following a page, tagging us in post or commenting on our posts.
Personalising your digital experience
Personalisation, can I opt out and how do I do it?
Yes, but we believe it’ll result in your online experience being less personal and relevant to you. The content and search results you see will be generic rather than related to your interests. Personalising your online experience doesn’t affect the marketing options you have selected, it’s to offer you a service personalised to your needs. If you have an account, you can email the contact details given below with your request. If you’re not a registered customer, information held in our Cookies may be used to select content that we feel is more relevant for you. To prevent this, you can clear your cookies.
Where we process information on the basis that it is important for us as a business to do it, we will consider your interests also. We will weigh up our business interests with your interests to ensure they are fairly balanced. You can contact us for further information on this.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We take great care to ensure the security of our Websites and your personal information. To ensure that we keep your information secure we use technical security measures such as encryption, access controls, firewalls and logging, and organisational security controls such as security policies and procedures, awareness training for employees and 3rd party vendor assessments.
To take full advantage of all security features you should use an up-to-date browser. To further ensure your personal information is safe, please note, we will never ask a customer to confirm any debit or credit card details via email.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We’ll always conduct a full review of our suppliers’ processes and procedures including storage solutions for our data. To ensure adequacy when sending your data outside of the UK and EEA, we put in place contracts based on the standard EU model contract clauses to guarantee adequacy, we also use alternative safeguards where standard EU model contract clauses are not suitable.
- We may share your information internally within the Arabel group, including other brands owned by Arabel, on a need to know basis when required for our business to function.
- We may share your information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function. These include for example companies who help us provide our Websites, pick and pack orders, make deliveries, print materials or provide customer support services.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction. If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
- We may need to share personal data in order to protect ourselves against fraudulent claims and to manage insurance and legal claims.
- We may need to share personal data to support our IT system providers to keep our systems secure. Each of the external companies we work with has been selected by us for their ability to provide what we need to our required specification, including their ability to handle sensitive data (like your personal information) securely and appropriately.
- We may need to share personal data when we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
- We may share your information with other partners when we have your consent to do so.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. It is possible that your personal data may be transferred across international borders including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal data. To address concerns about transfers from the UK or EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have implemented appropriate measures to protect your personal data. For example, we use standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and binding corporate rules and we require the use of appropriate technical and organisational information security measures. As your data is stored safely and securely both inside and outside of the EEA, we cannot offer alternative storage solution if you wish to object to having your data stored outside of the EEA. To do this, you’ll need to close your account with Arabel.
AUTOMATED PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be processed with automated methods to understand which Arabel outlet you usually shop at, whether you have been shopping recently or not, and which products you purchase or which you might be interested in hearing about in future. This data may include things like your age, gender and purchasing history or preferences. When your Personal Data is processed in this way it is used in summarised (by which we mean anonymised and aggregated) business reports, or to tailor news, offers and promotions we feel you will find most relevant. For example, to advise you of a promotion, event or product launch at a store that you shop at. This processing could determine whether or not you are included in tailored promotions or offers, or advised of Arabel news, events or product launches.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
- We keep personal data for a variety of purposes and for a variety of time periods. The general guidelines for how long we keep personal data are based on what is necessary and proportionate in our business, taking into consideration how and why we collected it and with particular reference to legal obligations that apply to our business.
- Where there is no legally defined time period for keeping data, we will keep your information for a time period based on relevant industry standards.
- Where there is no relevant industry standard, we will use a time limit that allows us to serve you as customers but also ensures we don’t keep your personal information for longer than we need to.
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for regulatory or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. • All personal data will be kept in line with our retention policy.
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- You can ask us about how we collect, share and use your personal information.
- You can ask us to update and correct your personal details.
- You can request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You can object to processing that is carried out where we have decided that it is important for us as a business (legitimate interests).
- In certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete your personal information.
- You have a right to move your information (your right to Portability). Where you have provided information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another organisation.
- You can object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.
- You have a right to request access to your personal information.
- You can change your mind wherever you give us your consent and withdraw that consent, such as for direct marketing. You can exercise any of these rights by filling out a request in our Privacy Portal or by contacting our Privacy Manager in writing by email or post using the details outlined below. When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information.
Our email is email@example.com
Our address is:
Privacy Manager, Arabel, Zalka amaret chalhoub, Beirut, Lebanon If you wish to be removed from our email marketing list (opt-out), at any time, you can do so by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send, you can be removed from our SMS marketing list at any time by texting STOP as outlined in any communication that we send to you by SMS. To (i) be removed from our direct mail marketing list at any time; or (ii) update your communication preferences, please contact our Customer Service team HERE.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in your country. You can find contact details for relevant supervisory authority for your country of residence.
SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, California law may characterise our sharing of personal information with companies that provide services to us, such as companies that help us to market or advertise our products and services to you, as "sales”. We may “sell” or may have “sold” the following categories of personal information for valuable consideration to the third parties listed below:
We may offer you various financial incentives such as discounts and special offers when you provide us with contact information and identifiers such as your name and email address. When you sign-up for our loyalty or professional programs, email list or other discounts and special offers, you opt-in to a financial incentive. You may withdraw from a financial incentive at any time by opting out from our emails or closing your loyalty or professional member account. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information, however, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives. In such context, the value of the personal information is related to the estimated cost of providing the relevant financial incentive(s) for which the information was collected.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
We use third-party advertising companies to place advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our services and other Websites or online services. You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of our services and other Websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including using pixel tags). They also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
The LAST UPDATED text at the top of this privacy notice indicates when it was last revised. Arabel may change this notice at any time with or without notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised privacy notice on this site’s home page. We recommend that you re-visit this notice from time to time to learn of any such changes. If this notice is changed in a material way, Arabel will add text advising of such change at the beginning of this notice and on this site's home page for 30 days.